1983 - Lawson Truck Body opens in Windsor Ontario.
1990 - The company expands and changes the name to Expressway Trucks Windsor.
1995 - Expressway acquires property adjacent to exit 14 on the 401; one of the busiest traffic corridors in the country.
1998 - Expressway plans for expansion
1999 - Completed the purchase of Viking Trucks Sales Inc., a Volvo Heavy Truck dealership in Waterloo, Ontario.
- Viking Truck Sales Inc., begins operations as Expressway Trucks Waterloo.
2002 - The new facility at exit 268 on the 401 is completed. Expressway becomes the premiere Volvo Truck dealer in Canada.
2003 - Expressway achieves record sales in all departments.
2004 - Expressway receives the Outstanding Performance Award from Volvo Trucks Canada
2005 - Expressway again receives the Outstanding Performance Award from Volvo Trucks Canada
2006 - For an unprecedented 3rd year in a row Expressway receives the Outstanding Performance Award
2009 - Expressway exceeds sales quotas in all categories
- Expressway becomes a Parts and Service dealer for prestigious Prevost Bus
2010 - Expressway receives the coveted Dealer of the Year Award from Volvo Trucks Canada
- Awarded outstanding performance award for parts sales
- Expressway expands to include a new 28,000 sq ft warehouse facility on Darrell Dr. in the Ayr industrial park
2011 - Expressway Windsor becomes a Vanguard Trailer, parts, and service dealer
2012 - Expressway awarded Dealer of the Year for a second time.
- Vanguard recognizes Expressway with the Diamond Distributor Award
2013 - Expressway Waterloo becomes a Hino Trucks Canada full line medium duty truck dealer
- Expressway receives both Sales Achievement, and Market Share, awards from Hino in their first year as a dealer
- Expressway Windsor again becomes a Vanguard Diamond award recipient
2014 - Expressway Windsor becomes a full line Hino Canada, sales, parts, and service, dealer
- Expressway receives the Volvo Dealer of the Year award for an unprecedented 3rd time in 4 years
- Vanguard Diamond award
- Hino Sales Achievement Award
- Hino Market Share award;
- Volvo Customer Satisfaction Award
- Expressway Waterloo expands to add retail space at main location
- Full service body shop and modification center is added to the facility at Darrell Dr
2015 - Volvo Award Expressway the World Class Dealer Award
- Expressway purchases property at 125 Towerline Place London and opens a new full line Hino Trucks franchise
2016 - Expressway becomes a Volvo Trucks North America, Certified Uptime Center
- Expressway is recognized for community service by the Employment Facilitation Network of Cambridge
2018 - Expressway becomes Hino Canada Parts Department of the Year.
2019 - Expressway is the VOLVO CSI (Customer Satisfation) award winner for Canada
- Expressway is recognized as the Top Sale Preformer for the Regional Haul segment in Canada
Expressway is proud of its accomplishments and community involvement. We pride ourselves in a team spirit that has inspired our staff to greatness both on the job and off. If you would like to know more about Expressway and get regular updates scroll down to sign up for our newsletter.